Friday, September 12, 2014

Recipe: Asian Spiced Blueberry Pork Loin

A friend of mine sells Wild Tree products and I attended a freezer meal workshop where I fell in love with the products.  I attended another party where I was unable to get my prep work ready and decided to do it at home and just pick up my bundle of products.  I made all of the meals except for one.  I remember it had blackberry jam and balsamic vinegar...I think.  The baby was being entertained by Grandma for a few  minutes so I decided to get this going in the crock pot to go with the fresh sweet corn straight from Grandpa's garden.

But I couldn't find the recipe.  I felt a little pressed for time as baby was getting hungry, so I trusted my culinary instincts and went for it.  By the way, my chef boyfriend thinks I have awesome culinary instincts...especially for a "home cook".

I grabbed my products and realized we no longer have (or didn't buy) black berry preserves.  Or I will come across the jar in a few days...probably that.  So I decided to use blueberry jam.
I thawed out the pork loin and giggled as I placed it in the crock pot.  I am forever twelve and if a pork loin doesn't remind of male anatomy in my old age, I will have failed myself.  Anyway, I added the following to the crock pot:

1/2 cup blueberry preserves
1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons  Garlic Galore blend (you can use whatever garlicky spices you have, I just LOVE this stuff)
1 tablespoon of Asian Blend (something with 5 Spice will work)
2 teaspoons grapeseed oil
1/8 teaspoon salt

See.  A little giggle worthy, no?

I let this simmer on low about 4 hours.  It smelled delicious, but looked a little funny.

 I boiled a cup of rice or so and shredded the meat.  I poured a little of the sauce from the bottom of the crock pot on top and served.
 The kiddos are a little picky so they were served more of the middle of the loin which had less seasoning and skipped the sauce.  They gobbled down seconds and told me how delicious it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment