Friday, September 26, 2014

Good Morning Blue Eyes!!

I woke up this morning to the sound of cooing.  I rolled over to see the brightest blue eyes staring at me.  She made a gentle and silly raspberry noise to say "Good Morning Mommy!"  I spent around an hour nursing, cuddling, and playing with Persephone.  I didn't look at the clock, think about the bill I need to pay today, the appointment this afternoon, or even glance at the growing pile of laundry (I swear it multiplies while I sleep).  I just stayed in my jammies and enjoyed the time with my youngest child.

I was able to get a few soft giggles from her before she started her pterodactyl yell that has given her the nickname "Perrydactyl."  We played with her taggie ball, sang some songs, read a Sandra Boynton book, and she threw a fit when I wouldn't allow her to have my eyelashes.  It was the most beautiful morning and I realized how amazingly lucky I am to have this morning.

I didn't have to rush off to work (like our hard-working and sexy chef did), or rush to take the older kiddos to school, and I didn't have any other business that needed my immediate attention.  And if there was something, it couldn't be that important if I didn't even think about it.

It is after ten in the morning and I am still in my jammies.  Perry is dressed due to a stinky diaper change and we will go about our day in a little while.  Mornings like this are somewhat rare for me and very much cherished.  I hope that all parents out there get to have this special time with their little ones every once in a while.  And when you do get it, cherish it.  Don't worry about last night's dishes, the 15 e-mails you have, or the blinking light on your phone alerting you of whatever Facebook game you play.

Just enjoy the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment