Wednesday, August 13, 2014

What Does the Fire Alarm Do if I Pull the Lever?

During the weeks that the littles (Athena and Troy) spend with thier dad, they attend a before and after school daycare program. They also attend over summer break. They have been apart of this program for a few years and are well acquainted with the building as it is ran from the school cafeteria. Even with these circumstances I shouldn't be surprised that my son pulled the fire alarm in attempt to "see what happened."
Sigh. Fortunately the alarm was turned off in a matter of seconds and the fire trucks did  not have to make an unnecessary trip.
This is my son. He harbors so much curiosity and wants to know how everything works. He constantly is taking things apart, building contraptions,  and pushing the boundaries of everything. Even me...but that is another post for a different day.
I love that he questions the world. I  love that he wants to see what happens to a bottle of water if you freeze it or even what happens when he sprays his sister with the hose.  But when is it too much? As a mother I want to nurture his curiosity, but at the same time he can't be pulling fire alarms.

No comments:

Post a Comment