Friday, February 26, 2016

Saturday 9: The Times of Your Life

I love the Saturday 9 meme!  It has been way too long since I have participated, and the questions are always really fun writing prompts for me.  So here we go :D

This week was inspired by Paul Anka -- which I will never be able to see the same again after binge watching Gilmore Girls and the episode where Lorelei names the dog Paul Anka.


1) This song is all about memories. How far back can you remember? What's your earliest memory?

I had a hard enough time remembering yesterday morning for question #2....I guess I was about 5 or 6 and riding in the front seat of my mom's Toyota Camry.  Don't freak out and call CPS.  It was 3 decades ago and a different time...I rode in the back of a pick up truck as well.  Anyway, I had this tiny porcelain squirrel that I was extraordinarily proud of.  I have no idea where I got it from, but I remember that I loved it and took it everywhere.  I held it up between my thumb and index finger trying to show the young guy in the truck next to us. 

 He pointed a gun.  I believe it was larger barrel 45 Colt type gun *I know very little about guns*

Now, I have no idea if he could somehow see that far and realize it was a tiny squirrel, or if he was just a major ass hat finding laughter in blindly pointing firearms at small children.  Either way, I was scared, hunkered down, and remembered that moment the rest of my life.  

2) The first line is "Good morning, yesterday." What do you remember about yesterday morning?

I woke up with a searing pain in my gut.  Last night I mistakenly drank a few Red's Apple Ale thinking that they were a cider.  It was a really stupid mistake and then I voluntarily enjoyed some pizza as well.  Damn gluten.

3) This song was originally a 60-second jingle, featured in a commercial for Kodak film. Do you ever use film? Or are all your pictures digital?

I learned the art of photography and developing film in middle school.  It was fascinating!  It was kind of a let down when I worked the Photo and Video counter at King Soopers in high school and all we did was load the film into a machine while the lights were turned off.   Now, everything is digital.  But I still love using prints in scrapbooks.

4) Who took the most recent photo of you?

Besides the awesome Snapchat filters I was playing with yesterday?  It would be one of my favorite bartenders taking a selfie of herself and me in the background making faces at my phone using my Snapchat...Wow...that sounds very "high school".  As for a posed picture, I have no idea.  I purposely act like a dope in pics because I hate pictures of myself.  
5) This week's featured artist, Paul Anka, was born in Canada and enjoyed appearing in a made-for-TV Perry Mason movie with fellow Canadian, Raymond Burr. Do you enjoy courtroom dramas?

Nope.  I was pre-law my first attempt at college.  I hate that they break all the rules and I will acctually yell at the TV "objection! Approaching the witness!" the same way my soon to be hubby yells at the fumble made by whatever sports team he is watching.  
6) At 15, Anka won a supermarket contest by collecting the most Campbell soup can wrappers. The prize was a trip to New York. Do you enter contests and sweepstakes? Play the lottery? 

I do love my scratch tickets.  I have only ever purchased a few Powerball or Mega Millions tickets, but I have exact plans for all that money if I ever do win. 
7) This year Paul Anka performed throughout Florida (Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Clearwater and Fort Myers). The Sunshine State is a popular vacation destination. Do you have a favorite spot in Florida?

My parents took my brother and I to Disney World when I was 13 or so.  Only place I have been in the state.  I don't think it is fair to issue it "favorite status" just yet.

8) In 1976, the year this song was on the charts, an earthquake hit China. Have you ever experienced an earthquake?

I have not.  Thankfully. 
9) Random question: Do you know CPR?

I would love to say that I do, but I am not I can.  I learned CPR many moons ago, but if anything were to ever happen, I am not sure that the skill would come back to me.  Perhaps I should just sign up for a class and refresh myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment